The Student Union Government Vice President of the Rivers State University Comr. Ruth Nweke has outlined some of her achievements in office.
Comr. Nweke is the outgoing Vice President of the institution for the 2018/2019 academic session and will be handing over soon as elections has already been conducted, thereby winners has also emerged.
The Special Assistance on Electronic Media to the office of the Vice President, Awaji-Inombeek Martins took to the official social media handle of the Vice President to published some of the projects initiated and completed.
Some of the Achievements of the SUG Vice President includes,
1. Organized the first ever Female Monthly Interactive Session(FMIS) in RSU. Featuring Health Talks, Relationship, Women in power etc.
✔Distribution of sanitary materials(Pads,Tissue,Soaps etc)
✔Distribution of Mosquito nets.
2. Re-branding of Female Aspire Conference 2019 from a one day programme to a one week programme with events like
a. First ever FAC rally in RSU with distribution of Free branded shirts and caps to students.
b. Visitation and Presentation of Gifts to Lemu Orphanage Home in Port Harcourt such as (1 bag of Rice, cartoons of Indomie, Yam, Oil Tissue, Detergents, Writing Materials etc)
c. Visitation and Distribution of writing materials to Government Girls Secondary School, Rumuokuta Port Harcourt alongside interactive session with the female students.
d. Inter-faculties Cooking Competition between the 10 Faculties where Faculty of Agriculture emerged winner.
e. First ever Miss FAC Beauty Pageantry.
3. Formation of All SUG Vice President Forum, which comprises of all Tertiary Institutions in Rivers State.
4. Production and Distribution of first ever FAC Almanac to the students community.
5. Presentation of N50,000 cash prize to the winner of Miss FAC 2019 and handover of the Winner to Pazino Homes and Gardens, Nigeria as their brand Ambassador for one year. First of its kind in the history of RSU.
6. Creation and Placement of Past SUG Vice President portrait in the office of the Vice President for posterity purposes.
7. Successfully led RSU Female Leaders to Abuja for a National Female Leadership Summit.
8. Successfully led a delegation of RSU Female representatives to University of Uyo for the World Outstanding Women Conference 2019 by National Female Students Association of Nigeria(NFSAN).
9. She played a vital role as the Eleco Secretary by over seeing a free and fair election of the 2019 National Female Students Association of Nigeria (NFSAN) election in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
10. Reinvigoration of RSU Female Leaders Forum.
11. Personal, financial and moral support to some RSU students who come to the Vice President with different challenges.
12. Numerous Awards from and outside the University.
This is indeed Capacity in display.